Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Kids are on vacation - yikes!


It's officially summer at my house and surprisingly, the first few days of having all the kids home all day has been great.

Chris is out of town and none of the kids have to wake up for school, so when I get up, it's quiet enough that I can get in almost three hours of work (and two cups of coffee) before I even see little bleary eyes coming down the stairs. I have been able to get most of my work done by lunchtime, then it's off to the pool with Blackberry in one hand and tons of other junk in the other hand. We spend the afternoon there, swimming and just plain hanging out. By the time we pack up and get home, it's time for dinner, baths, movie and bed. After they're done, I can wrap up whatever work I have and then sit out on the porch in the dark and the quiet.

I love that the kids are getting a break from school...sleeping in, staying up late, playing outside, whatever - we chose a good place to let these guys grow and just be kids.

I'm enjoying them and once again, thankful for all we have and the flexible schedule I've got.

No comments: